Friday 17 August 2012

Holiday!

Well, what an adventure I’ve had.!!

Mum spent all last week doing lots of the boring washing – she won’t let me steal the socks – and the scary ironing and putting it all in bags. She even packed up all my things!!

Apparently we were going on a holiday!! The GeoCaching Mega Event at the Cartmel Racecourse was beckoning so off we went.
 Cartmel Banner
We had to set off early in the morning and I sat in the car with Ryan and Scott. I helped Scott read his book and listened to Ryan’s music with him but it was very boring and we were in the car for hours and hours and hours!

Eventually we arrived at a very tall house that we were going to stay in for a while. We had to go up hundreds and hundreds of stairs but the view from our window was amazing!

Once we had unpacked the car we had to get back into it and drove a short way to a whole field full of GeoCachers who were camping at the Mega site.

When we got there, we were told that we were just in time for a Duck Race so we hot-footed it down through the village and found the ducks. I watched them carefully but I didn’t have the winner!

Back in the car again and home via the chip shop. I wish Mum and Dad would share the chips with me more often!

There was a Night Caching Event on that evening and, as an intrepid ChacheHound, I thought I had better go along to make sure everyone was safe.

According to the story, there was a witch loose in the woods and we had to track them down. I think Evie and I did the best job at finding the way and it was good fun hunting around in the dark!!

It was late when we’d finished so I was very pleased that my bed was all set up in the flat so I could curl up and sleep!

My holiday was full of adventures!

There was a big walk across the bay planned for Friday so I got to ride on a train as that was the best way to get to the start

I’ve never been on a train before!! It was good fun especially when Mum lifted me up so I could see out of the window!

The walk started at a pretty Pub at Canal Foot near Ulverston and we walked from there across the sand to a little island called Chapel Island. The sand was mostly dry but there were a few places where I had to paddle across

We had a picnic on the island and then set off to the other side of the bay.

This time the sand was dry at first but it soon got very wet. In fact the water started to come a long way up my legs and I had to walk on tiptoe for a while.

Eventually, the water got so deep that I had to swim!!! I didn’t know I could swim!!

Swimming is very hard work and I got very tired so I let Dad carry me for a while. The water got so deep that everyone got very wet!

We went back to the flat on another train – more fun!

In the evening we went back to the camp-site and John cooked us a delicious paella. At least it looks delicious. As usual, I wasn’t allowed any of the people food!

After the food, there was a rodeo!! I’m not sure what that is but I think it involved Ryan and Scott falling off a bucking bronco and some very dodgy music being played!!

This holiday business is very tiring isn’t it!!

I’ll write some more soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment